Friday, August 23, 2013

Bad Day? Seven Things I Do To Unwind

I've been having a string of bad days one after the other and it kind of inspired me to share some of the things I do to get over a bad day and move on. I know with school starting again we're all bound to get stressed out to the max the next couple of months. Next time you're feeling a little down or stressed out try some of the things I do to get yourself out of that bummed out mood!

1. Take A Shower
Scrub all of that bad juju off in a nice warm shower! I swear it works. Sometimes I come home from work totally wigged out and a hop in the shower with the sweet scent of my shampoo and body wash totally calms me down. And I definitely feel soooo much better with all of the days worries swirling down the shower drain.

2. Take A Bath
If I've had a really terrible day I great myself to a bath with some of Lush's great homemade all natural bath bombs. Soaking in the warm bathwater in complete silence is a great way to release some of that stress wind down, especially before bed time.

3. Light Some Candles
Every once in a while I turn all the lights off in the room and just use candle light. The candle light calms me down and all the scents mixing together are perfect for calming down some of my nerves. To make it even better grab a good book to occupy your mind!

4. Play A Game
Sometimes just pulling out my tablet and playing uno or candy crush takes my mind off of negative things. When your mind I'd focused on something else like winning or trying to figure out a puzzle there's no time to dwell over anything else.

5. Talk It Out
Dan and my mom always get caught up in my day days haha. Just talking things out with them and venting about my work or school problems really helps. Especially when I get their insight in what I should do to make the situation better. Its always good to have an outside opinion on something you're stuck on.

6. Get A Pedicure
I find pedicures to be so relaxing. Having someone else worry about the hangnail on your toe is a great way to destress. Its great when you get to leave with cute looking toes too!

7. Watch A Movie
Just like playing a game when you occupy your mind with something else, like fictional characters and their lives, you're too busy to think about your own. Just don't go for a movie that has a similar plot story to what you're going through. That totally ruins the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment