Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gettin' My Wand On!



Recently I bought a wand, (I know jumping on the wagon a little late!) and I thought my hair type wouldn't really take it well, but I was totally wrong. The photo above shows how it came out for my first try. I used large sections of hair so the curls weren't as defined as most are using wands. I figure I have plenty of time to play around with it and figure out how to use it. I didn't hairspray them and the curls lasted all day, so it was really surprising considering with regular curling irons I don't get as much of a curl or wave as I did with this one. I really liked it, and will definitely be posting up some photos soon when I figure out how to really style my hair with this thing (:


This is the wand I used. It's a Joystick by Hot Dog. It's really great. I love that its tappered because it makes the curls look a little bit more natural if you use larger sections. It heats up pretty fast, and has a digital reading that counts up to the heat setting you put it on so you know when its ready. The cord is pretty long too, which is a really big factor for me when buying hair appliances because I move around a lot when I'm doing my hair.


These are just some of the features of the appliance. 


This is what comes inside the box. The glove is definitely helpful for a beginner. I tried one curl without the glove and really burned my hand! So I've learned to just swallow my pride and use the glove haha. I also love that the wand is a pretty blue color! It's really cute and makes it easier to see when it's dirty and needs a little cleaning. 


This is just how I styled it today. It's not perfect thats for sure, but I'm learning how to make it better. If you have any tips please let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment