Friday, March 1, 2013

Matte Me Crazy!

Photo by realsimple.com

All the rage! Matte top coats! Working as the manager at a beauty supply store we often get customers coming in asking about the essie matte top coat. Of course we don't carry it, but I was so curious about this whole "matte craze" and went in search of this matte top coat to try it out for myself. I didn't find the essie brand in any stores I hunted in, but I did find an NYC matte top coat in Wal-Mart! As soon as I got home I painted my nails and put it to the test, and WOW! It was really fascinating to watch the polish go from shiny to completely matte in only seconds! I suddenly realized what the big hype was about.


This is how the matte finish came out when I did it myself. You get that pretty matte finish just the same with the NYC brand as you do any other brand. However I do find that with this top coat your nails are more likely to chip quicker than with a regular top coat. Unfortunately your pretty manicure wont last as long as others ):

No comments:

Post a Comment