Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tips On Healthy Hair Care

Recently a lot of people have been asking me how I keep my hair so soft and healthy. I honestly didn't think I was doing anything special, but I figured I'd share my hair care routine for those who have been asking (:

FIRST!
DO NOT wash your hair every day! I know a lot of girls say their hair gets too greasy and they need to wash it every single day, but honestly skipping a day wont kill you. If it gets as greasy as you say it does just wear it up in a cut topknot or pony tail! That's always a great way to hide unwashed hair. I can go about three days without washing. Your hair will grow a lot faster and healthier since you're not using harsh chemicals that strip your hair of its natural oils every day

SECOND!
Use a sulfate free shampoo! Don't use a shampoo that's literally drying your hair out. I use Not Your Mothers Way to Grow. It's sulfate free and a great moisturizer for my natural curls.

THIRD!
Always apply a leave in conditioner or serum. I use an olive oil spray paired with a leave in keratin serum. I only apply these when I get out of the shower and my hair is freshly washed. On days that I skip a wash I just apply a pea size amount of Moroccan oil to tame frizz and remoisturize.

FOURTH!
Don't use heat every day! I know a lot of us including myself love our straighteners and curling irons, but sometimes we just have to put them down and embrace our natural looks. Find a system that works good for your natural hair and stick with it for a week to give your hair a break from all that heat. If you must use heat always make sure you apply a heat protectant, preferably one without alcohol.

FIFTH!
Deep condition at least every two weeks. Your hair needs a pick me up every once in a while. Pick a day when you're not overly busy and spend time pampering yourself with a bubble bath and a hair mask. When you rinse it out you'll feel refreshed and your hair will be happy you gave it the extra moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment